Friday, January 15, 2016

Macaron Bar


Macaron Bar in Kenwood Mall caught my attention when I was walking out of Nordstrom. I had heard of the store in Hyde Park, but never visited. I used the little kiosk to my advantage and walked up to check it out. All of the macarons were lined up in a desert case-like display. I went ahead and just got a regular order. The box holds 6 macarons. I ordered Madagascar Vanilla, Coffee, Pistachio, Lemon, Earl Grey Tea, and Matcha Green Tea flavored cookie sandwiches. Overall, they all tasted excellent. Unfortunately, the individual flavors did not stand out as well as I had hoped, but no flavor tasted the exact same. Personally my favorite was the Green Tea. I was curious as to what it would taste like, and after watching a Food News that portrayed Green Tea KitKats as delicious, I figured the Green Tea macaron was worth a try. The lemon was the most recognizable flavor of the 5 of them (but then again who can screw up a lemon flavored treat?). I paid about five dollars for the macarons. Being less than a dollar each, I think that's a steal.
One of the big factors of the Macaron Bar was the design. Everything was really clean and modern looking. A touch that I really enjoyed was that the cashier slid a little menu of all the flavors into my box before she handed it to me. In my opinion, the little menu is a really good marketing idea. This way, guests can look at the menu and think, "Oh, that flavor sounds really good" and plan to go back to the shop and get flavors they didn't try before.

My experience at the MacBar kiosk was great, I plan to travel to the real shop in Hyde Park soon and try other flavors. I would recommend the Macaron Bar to anyone, it was a sweet surprise to me. I loved it!

 
 
 























 
http://www.macaron-bar.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment